Email Attachments Feature Now Available (Beta)
- The Yahoo! Groups Team has been working hard to roll out the ability to "Store/Archive Email Attachments" that we posted about a few weeks ago (see the blog post below for details).
We now have rolled out this functionality in Beta and would like to get your feedback. If you would like to try out this new feature, please sign-up your Group here:
Once you sign-up for the Beta program, we will enable the feature
for your Group (although not all groups will get the functionality at the same time and the feedback from the initial groups may effect the pace of the rollout). Note that once your group has been enabled, you can choose to turn off the feature at anytime by going to the Management>Messages>Posting and Archives settings page.
Yahoo! Groups Team
P.S. As some of you may have noticed, all groups that send attachments are currently seeing text in the message archive pointing to an "attachments" link that doesn't yet exist. That's a bug that should be fixed soon. Only groups that actually have the feature enabled should see that text.
Back by popular demand Yahoo! Groups will be enhancing and
reinstating a feature that will give moderators the ability to
archive/store email attachments in Groups (removed 2003). This will
allow your group members to retrieve attachments along with the
original message at any time and not have to store them on their
Benefits at a glance:
- Adds valuable content to the group archive accessible by
- Enables users to upload content (photos, files etc.) with an email
vs. having to upload each file.
- Reduces the size of emails, optimal for low bandwidth, dial-up users.
- Enables digest and web only members to have access to attachments.
Please keep in mind that this new feature is still in early beta,
- You can expect to see bugs .
- You can expect to see missing features and usability problems.
- You can expect down time and even the removal of the feature (if it
turns out there are unforeseen technical problems) .
This feature will be available in the next few weeks; we'll post
more information as we get closer to the release date with details.
We look forward to hearing about what you think of the feature and what we can do to make it even better.
Yahoo! Groups Team