You asked, we listened – Storing Email Attachments

  • Jami
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Back by popular demand and coming soon -- Yahoo! Groups will be
      enhancing and reinstating a feature that will give moderators the
      ability to archive/store email attachments in Groups (removed 2003).
      This will allow your group members to retrieve attachments along with
      the original message at any time and not have to store them on their
      computers.

      Benefits at a glance:
      - Adds valuable content to the group archive accessible by
      current/future users
      - Enables users to upload content (photos, files etc.) with an email
      vs. having to upload each file
      - Reduces he size of emails, optimal for low bandwidth, dial-up users

      Please keep in mind that this new feature is still in early beta,
      which means:
      - You can expect to see bugs
      - You can expect to see missing features and usability problems
      - You can expect down time and even the removal of the feature (if it
      turns out there are unforeseen technical problems)

      Meanwhile, here are a few of the new options and features that we
      already know we want to add to this feature in the coming months:
      - The ability to upload attachments via a web post vs. only via email
      - The ability for members to copy all attachment file types to
      another folder vs. only photos
      - The ability to view the attachments within the message on the
      groups webpage vs. only in email
      - The ability for automatic virus scan of all attachments

      This feature will be available in the next few weeks; we'll post more
      information as we get closer to the release date with details.

      We look forward to hearing about how you like this feature and what
      we can do to make it even better.

      Thanks!
      Yahoo! Groups Team