12SBC Bouncing Issues Resolved

  • Carole McManus
    Dec 8, 2006
      We had reports that on Tuesday December 5 users with SBC email
      accounts (including sbcglobal, pacbell, swbell, snet, ameritech,
      prodigy, wans, nvbell, and flash domains) began bouncing. The glitch
      was on SBC's end, caused by a fix to a different issue they
      implemented on their servers that day. Our team has been working with
      our contacts at SBC and the issue has been resolved.

      There is no need for moderators to take action to restore bouncing
      members since we have processes in place to automatically reactivate
      users within a matter of days, although by actively monitoring
      bouncing members and sending manual reactivation notices you can speed
      the process up. You can read more about automatic and manual
      reactivation here: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/members/members-17.html.

      Thanks to those of you who alerted us to the SBC bounces, and thanks
      for your patience as we worked to resolve them.

      — The Yahoo! Groups Team

      This info is also posted on the Yahoo! Groups Team Blog, your resource
      for the latest news and updates from Yahoo! Groups.
      http://blog.360.yahoo.com/y_groups_team?p=199