Bat Rehabber is Finalist for Animal Planet Hero

  • Laura Hohman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2008
      http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/poll/poll.html

      Out of hundreds of nominees, Amanda Lollar is one of the 10 finalists
      selected to be Animal Planet's Hero of the Year. Although some great
      people have been nominated, I truly hope Amanda will be chosen as the
      winner. She works 24/7, 365 days a year to make certain all bats,
      worldwide, get the help and attention they need. She sold everything
      she owned to establish Bat World Sanctuary. She puts herself in harm's
      way over and over again to rescue and aid in the rescue of bats. She
      maintains a website and list serve. She sweeps up 200 pounds of guano
      a week in the wild sanctuary in over 100 degree heat in the summer.
      She rescues dogs and cats (in the time one usually uses to sleep). She
      devotes her waking hours to rescuing bats from cruelty and abuse,
      caring for over 150 permanent residents of Bat World and over 30,000
      wild bats from BW's wild sanctuary.

      Many good people help animals and I wish they all could be awarded,
      but this is our chance to bring attention to the plight of one of the
      world's most misunderstood animals and give Amanda the recognition she
      deserves. Amanda seeks no fame from this but Bat World Sanctuary
      NEEDS the $10,000 prize plus the $1,000 the nominator (Dottie Hyatt)
      will give to Bat World. If she wins Amanda will NOT take the trip
      that is valued at $15,000 but will instead auction it off on eBay to
      raise more money for Bat World Sanctuary.

      If you are not familiar with the organization, please visit the
      website - http://www.batworld.org - for more information. I'm on Bat
      World Sanctuary's board of directors, so I have first hand knowledge
      of the hard work Amanda puts in to keeping Bat World going.

      You can vote as many times as you like, so please don't hesitate to do
      so. Others will be voting for their favorite â€" animals more popular
      than bats. And please forward this message to other groups!

      Thank you!

      http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/poll/poll.html

      Laura Hohman
      Bat World Hoosier Hills