Most wonderful thing

  • bundle_o_fluff
    Message 1 of 203 , Oct 8, 2001
      Ok, I've not posted in... forever, and I have to
      say that I'm rather posting to "toot my own horn".
      I'm so excited about this, I can't help but sharing.
      Last year, I got the opportunity to give a
      presentation on bats to my daughter's 1st grade class. The
      reception that I got from the school and the teachers was
      luke-warm at best, though the presentation went well and
      the kids enjoyed it. This year, we've moved to a new
      town, bought a home... new school. I went and inquired
      of the principal if I could post an offer to give
      the presentations on the teacher's message board, and
      she allowed me. The very next morning, bright and
      early, within an hour I got three phone calls and an
      email, all wanting "The Bat Lady". I just gave the first
      two presentations today, to third grade classes. It
      was soooooo neat and satisfying to walk in and hear
      the whispers across the room, "Look, it's the Bat
      Lady!" "The Bat Lady's here!" I just have to say that I
      am ONE happy camper to be getting to share these
      neat little animals with these kids, and I wanted to
      share that with you guys.
    • flyingdragon1234
      Message 203 of 203 , Jan 27, 2002
        I think bats are so cool and cute! I especially like Flying Foxes because the look adorable. =P can someone post some good pictures of flying foxes?