Mondays are for Membership! 03/01/10

  • membershipwt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 8:03 PM
      Today I received an email from the Eden Prairie chapter. They signed their March member and are just 1 April member away from completing their one-a-month quest! Annual Convention is already shaping up to be a fantastic membership celebration: Will we be celebrating year-end growth?!?

      There are alot of incentives to make March THE month your chapter signs new members. You can sign 3 or more members anytime this month + hold a membership event on Mystical Monday (3/29) to earn 100 Success Bonus Points! You can also phone in those members to the Chapter Service Center on Mystical Monday with special evening hours. AND Alex Trebeck will be there to take your call and scratch of a lottery ticket just for you!

      Early Bird renewals are slow to come in. Keep reaching out to those members and reminding them of the many reasons why they should renew with your chapter.

      Last week I shared information on www.meetup.com. Anyone can join meetup.com and search for existing groups in their community. No charge for that! I created my own meet-up group in support of the Roseville chapter (for a small fee). And I was contacted by 3 people interested in my group! That was exciting enough but the responses were from younger women--that group we all strive to reach out to in order to continue our projects and our chapter. The Eagan extension team just created their own group and already has 1 RSVP to their next event. You might want to check this out for your chapter too!

      Recruitment
      Your Rock Star PR SPM Dana Hoenigschmidt got an article in the Sunday Star Tribune about our recent 60th Anniversary convention! That's nice you think....but can you do more? Can you link to the article from your facebook page or chapter website? Link: http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/style/85420952.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU
      Can you forward to your friends that you've been trying to recruit? How about print a copy to have available at your next m-event? People gather information in a variety of different ways. Use as many methods as you can to communicate to non-members are what we are about!

      Retention
      Has your chapter ever done a "Share Your Light" night? We are full of talented women (1,621 women to be exact!) and all those individual talents are what make our chapters strong. Some chapters use this to learn and develop new skills. They set aside one night a month or a trimester for a "Share Your Light" night and members sign up to either teach a particular skill (like knitting) or share a particular hobby (like yoga). Not only do members learn something for themselves, they learn something about each other too! See the Winter State Living & Learning CIP for more information.

      M-night
      The Inns of the St. Croix River Valley organize something fun and delicious every March--the Chocolate March! For $25, you tour a group of inns or businesses (a different group every weekend in March) and every one features a different dessert (or desserts!). It's self-guided--you go at your own pace and in whatever order you want. It's really fun to do as a road trip with friends! Here is a link for more information: http://www.innsofthevalley.com/chocolate-march.php

      If you are not close enough to the St. Croix to do this as an m-event, can you do it in your town at members' homes or at local businesses? A different chocolate dessert at every location? Sounds like fun!

      Deadline
      March 15 Early Bird renewals due!
      March 29 Mystical Monday Night!

      YEAR-END GROWTH--MAKE IT OUR MASTERPIECE!

      Amy
    • Sue Ellen Toppings
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 2:32 PM
        Whoohooooooooo!!! One more month to go!!! :)

        Great ideas here for retention and M-Nights!!

        Thanks for all of your hard work this year! You're definitely an MVP!!!

        Hugs!
        Sue Ellen Toppings
        Eden Prairie Chapter