Mondays are for Membership! 02/01/10

  • membershipwt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Recruitment
      Did you see Public Relations State Program Manager Dana Hoenigschmidt on Channel 9 promoting our convention? If not, here is a link for viewing on you tube:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3uC2kLPNJo
      Can you link to your chapter website or facebook page? Dana offers a lot of information about our organization in a short amount of time. It's a nice marketing tool for our organization and your chapter.

      Retention
      Keep It Fresh! Continue to look for new project ideas:

      Is your chapter doing the same projects over and over? Are you getting bored and want to add some new projects to your calendar of events? Well, where do you find new ideas? Here are some suggestions to help get your creative juices flowing.
      „Ï Do a search online (using GoodSearch.com or isearch.igive.com of course) for projects. For example, if I want a project idea for literacy, I might search ¡§community service ideas for kids¡¨ or ¡§literacy community service ideas¡¨. Some sites have vague ideas and others have very detailed plans to follow.

      „Ï Ask your members to share their ideas. Try having one meeting¡¦s ice breaker each year dedicated to asking for a project idea or organization to support.

      „Ï Ask your favorite organizations for other ideas they need help with.

      „Ï Check out the project ideas section of the MNWT website.

      „Ï Join Facebook and become friends with other chapters. You will start receiving many invitations to projects around the state. You could attend their event ¡V or copy it in your own chapter.

      „Ï Check out the CIPs for all the programming areas. The State Program Managers include many great ideas for you!
      (borrowed from the Youth of Today Winter State CIP; author Stacy Pearson)

      M-night
      Familiar with Bingo? Try WOTGO! It's educational for guests at an m-night and you can make it more fun by adding prizes. Check out our Yahoo Group files for the game card and clues. (just click on "visit my group" followd by "files").

      Deadline reminder:

      November 15 is the deadline for Early Bird renewals.

      Quote:

      Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
      Doug Firebaugh