Mondays are for Membership! 10/05/09 (and sometimes Tuesdays)

  • membershipwt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2009
      It's exciting to see the new member information coming in to the Chapter Service Center. Keep 'em coming!

      Our two one-a-month chapters are still going strong as we start a new month. Keep it up Brainerd Lakes and Eden Prairie!

      Recruitment

      We don't often think of programming when it comes to generating membership ideas..but we should! Check out the Living & Learning MN-JOTS CIP online (Fellowship-->Executive Council-->State Program Managers-->Living & Learning). You can find information on how to start a chapter book club. Invite guests to check it out and touch on some of the other personal enrichment opportunities with our organization. Our programming is vast. Showcasing a small part of it at a m-event is never a bad idea.

      Retention

      Youth of Today State Program Manager Stacy Pearson forwarded a You Tube video to me regarding the Social Media Revolution. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXKI506w-E (or do a seach on "Social Media Revolution" on You Tube). How does your chapter communicate with members? You might want to re-think that after watching the video. Not on facebook? You'll find information for how to set up your own chapter facbook account by looking under the Files tab on the left side of the screen. If social media is how people find information, and you want them to participate in events, attend meetings, etc......how wold you need to communicate?

      M-event

      Food Shelf Scavenger Hunt! Have fun and do something good at the same time. Complete instructions, including sample invitations can be found at www.mnwt.org (click on "Project Ideas" and "Socials & M-nights.")

      Deadlines

      President Jen's 40th Birthday rapidly approaches!! Can you help her celebrate by signing new members in November? To help, there are several incentives--100 Success bonus points for signing 3 new members anytime in the month and holding an m-event on Mystical Monday (11/30). You can also get your name entered into a drawing for a margarita party basket!

      Quote:

      From the Social Media Video:

      Years to reach 50 million users:

      Radio 38 years
      TV 13 years
      Facebook had 100 million users within 9 months

      And

      If facebook were a country, it would rank as the world's 4th largest.