Pepin Sail

  • Geoffrey Saign
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009

      Here's a link for the Pepin sail, July 31st, a few pics.  We had a great day, met up with other rovers on the lake and rafted two boats together.  Shared grapes and brownies and other things:)

      My best
      Geoff
    • geoffrey saign
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2010

        It started out windy, and stayed that way all day.  Good wind, so only needed to jib up, and still reached 6 knots a few times.

        Sunny enough to swim later in the day.  Good people, good fun.  Relaxing day on the water.

        Here’s the link below for the pics.

        http://picasaweb.google.com/GeoffSaign/RoverPepinSailJuly192010#

        (Melissa, can you get what you need off this site?)

      • Geoffrey Saign
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17 8:37 PM

        On Saturday 7 sailors new and old had a great sail on Pepin.

        The lake was calm for the first few hours, very light wind, enough clouds to knock out the sun’s heat. Light winds built and Mark called for a snack.

        Mark is always calling for a snack. Helen supplied trail mix. We scarfed it down. We anchored shortly later, had a great lunch down below of chicken, nuts, chips, pickle roll ups, grapes, strawberries, potato salad, coleslaw, cookies, nuts, and probably something else I’ve forgotten. A typical Rover’s food festJ

        After a swim for 4 of us, the wind built as usual and we had a great afternoon of being heeled over and sailing under white puffy clouds and blue skies.

        Great crew, great wind, water, skies and laugh. Oh, and the food was greatJ

        Best,

        Geoff

        Geoffrey Saign

        651 698 5097

        geoffreysaign@...

        KiraKu Press

        Internatinal Book AwardsWhipEye  WINNER 2015 International Book Awards

        WINNER 2015 Outstanding Children’s Fiction

        Gorgon  Book 2, WhipEye Chronicles

                                  Finalist 2016 Midwest Book Awards

                                  TopPick@...

        Website