Sita Sings the Blues

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2009
      I recently saw "Sita Sings the Blues." It's an animated movie that takes a humorous look at "The Ramayana," with the focus on Rama's wife Sita. There were some good sequences where Sita sang some vintage jazz numbers. I thought the movie was well-crafted. My favorite character had to have been King Ravana, who has Sita abducted. The best scene was the battle between Ravana and his demon army and Rama and Hanuman and the monkey warriors.
      I'm currently reading "The Defenestration of Bob T. Hash III" by David Deans. It's an absurd book about a parrot who turns into a human. It's pretty funny!
      Got some new discs. My newest CD is "Automatic For the People" by REM. And I have two new DVDs: "The Adventures of Mark Twain" and "Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends," Season 3. I got the latter on eBay, as I understand it's out of print.