Re: [mlathemods] Lathe Choices (more OT)and long

  • James Early
    Message 1 of 44 , May 25, 2004
      Gene
      We get parts like that in for quote all the time. We send back two quotes,
      one at the print tolerances and one with normal production tolerances. We
      usually end up getting the job at the production tolerances.
      Barry Goldwater
      A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to
      take it all away.

      Message 44 of 44 , May 27, 2004
        In a message dated 5/26/2004 9:47:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        wood1481@... writes:
        contract that will require them to take forty years to
        pay off a $4K credit card debt at the minimum payment
        OK I am doing it again, sorry guys and gals, but had to put in here. I knew a
        gal who had to move in my place and sleep on the couch after she had been
        using one card to make payments on other cards (She had a MA from UC and looked
        down on my BS from USC). I don't know if she ever got out the hole she dug for
        herself or not.
        Then I had a sister in law who signed a contract to buy a condo with negative
        amortization. Every time she made a payment the balance went up. When
        interest rates go up (say "when" not "if" look at history) there will be a lot of
        folks looking for some way to pay off their variable interest rate home loans.
        Everyone should take a course in basic economics about the time value of money
        and why interest is necessary. (or at least a course in common sense) BTW my
        long held belief in not investing in stocks has proved to be valid, us small
        fish don't even know the rules that the sharks make when playing that game.

        John Meacham
        in the high desert of California
        12 inch Atlas, Minimill, HF bandsaw
        rusty file