Re: [mlathemods] brass telescope

  • Donald Qualls
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
      Well, I have trouble holding 10x binoculars without bracing the frame of the glasses on a post or similar, but they're pretty heavy, with 50 mm objective diameter, big roof prisms, and all the optics doubled; I don't think I'd have much trouble steadying a 10x spyglass with a 30 mm or so objective (though I'd need to use both hands even if the focus didn't want to slip). I also have little trouble handling tiny parts in camera shutters and such. But then, I suspect I'm younger than you are -- and my hands aren't as steady as they were, even five years ago.

      --
      I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
      -- E. J. Fudd, 1954

      Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
      Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
      Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

      and don't expect them to be perfect.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
        Few aren't younger... or at least much lower mileage. <G>
        Five years? I can see a difference in five months. </G>

        wds

        But then, I suspect I'm younger than you are -- and my hands aren't as steady as they were, even five years ago.