Re: [mlathemods] brass telescope

  • WDSmith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
      You may be a scwewy wabbit but you have a lot steadier hands than me.... by about 3 or 4x <G>

      WDSmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
        Well, I have trouble holding 10x binoculars without bracing the frame of the glasses on a post or similar, but they're pretty heavy, with 50 mm objective diameter, big roof prisms, and all the optics doubled; I don't think I'd have much trouble steadying a 10x spyglass with a 30 mm or so objective (though I'd need to use both hands even if the focus didn't want to slip). I also have little trouble handling tiny parts in camera shutters and such. But then, I suspect I'm younger than you are -- and my hands aren't as steady as they were, even five years ago.

        --
        I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
        -- E. J. Fudd, 1954

        Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
        Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
        Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

        and don't expect them to be perfect.

        > You may be a scwewy wabbit but you have a lot steadier hands than me.... by about 3 or 4x <G>
        >
        > WDSmith

      • WDSmith
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
          Few aren't younger... or at least much lower mileage. <G>
          Five years? I can see a difference in five months. </G>

          wds

          But then, I suspect I'm younger than you are -- and my hands aren't as steady as they were, even five years ago.