dalton 6 inch tailstock

  • sevendogs2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 11:04 AM
      Been there, talked to tony, found that they were rare. You did a
      tailstock modification of a grizzly tailstock for a 7inch import
      which i wondered if there would be enough meat left after removing
      1/2 inch to make it a six inch tailstock. It would have to be the
      one with one flat and one vee way. would appreciate anything you
      have. thanks, John
    • James Early
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 6:16 PM
        John
        Yes that is the 7x10-7x12 tailstock and from what Chris at LMS told me they
        are reasonably priced for the parts. Now the ones I showed the adjustment
        and cam lok mods on came on the machines I bought from HF and Grizzly.

        These are two piece tailstock casting sets and could be reworked without to
        much trouble. Being as you are going to a smaller center height I would fit
        the lower casting to the bed and then fit the upper one to the correct
        center height.

        Check with Chris for cost on the parts.
        http://www.littlemachineshop.com