Re: [mlathemods] Re: Lathe Choices

  • Bob Loesch
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 19, 2004
      I would agree wholeheartedly! I had a 1951 MGTC, bought from a neighbor
      who was constantly complaining about how poorly it was built. "It always
      needs SOMETHING adjusted..." I got it, properly tuned it up, and found
      that it didn't need any more work than an American car. Ran like a British
      clock, which is to say "well", and was a joy to drive. Americans tend to
      forget, with our wide, paved roads, that England's roads are 1000 years or
      so old, and were laid out for horses, not cars. One can't drive your
      ordinary MG/Triumph/Hillman/Morris etc. 75mph all afternoon. They weren't
      built for that! Anything will break if it's abused.
      FWIW...

      At 05:55 AM 2/19/2004, Peter wrote:
      >i would sudgest
      >the problems you have had with MG's is more due to poor maintaince
      >by people with the same attitude, the fact that they are still on
      >the road is testiment to them having been put together right in the
      >first place you cant then slur a nations pride because the people
      >that purchased them never looked after them, Myford make some of the
      >finest lathes in the world if i could afford one i would have one
      >Myford are the Rolls Royce of lathes

      Regards,
      Bob

      http://home.jps.net/~rrloesch/index.htm
      http://www.cuckoobob.com
    • Ward M.
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 20, 2004
        This sounds like the punchline to the question "Why do the British drink
        their beer warm?"

        The answer is, of course, "Lucas refrigerators".

        Ward M.