Re: Left Hand Threads

  • tony_m_baker
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2004
      Well, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about it being too
      dificult. I have have cut hundreds of acme threads in a lathe on
      valve stems, and if you buy an acme thread gage and spend a little
      time getting your tool ground right it is no different than cutting
      vform threads. I might advise a beginner to practice vform threads
      first, until they get comfortable with the general process of
      threading, but a little practice is all it takes. My only word of
      warning is to keep your depth of cut light. If you try to take too
      deep of a cut the tool can dig into the part causing the part to try
      to climb the toolbit. This will either break the toolbit, ruin the
      part or both. Besides the whole point of have a lathe is to make
      things. Right?