Re: [mlathemods] Re: Square holes

  • x xx
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 17, 2003
      Tim:

      Thanks, Tim - that's how it's done, alright :-) Reckon that even those of us that are limited to what we can make on a Craftsman 109 can make a broach and I think that half the fun and satisfaction of being an amatoor machinist is to make the tools we need rather than buy 'em. I don't recall if the original post mentioned the dimensions required, but I would think that, say, 3/16" you could drive in ally by leaning hard on the DP quill.

      Thanx again
      Sam

      myprojects@... wrote:
      --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, x xx <lesleynward@y...> wrote:
      > Peter and original poster
      >
      >In that case I'd drill the hole and take the work to a machine shop
      and have them run a broach through it. If I got really ambitious,
      I'd make a broach and then drive it with one of those cheapie arbour
      presses made from angle iron and a two ton bottle jack.

      > Sam
      >Here is a link for making a square broach.

      http://www.sherline.com/tip20.htm

      Tim

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 26, 2005