Re: [mlathemods] milling attachment

  • Peter Sanders
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi

      On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:15:22 -0000, tom kearns <tekshop2002@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking of building a milling attachment

      Same here :-)

      I have the "front end" of an old AEG electric drill and want to use this
      as the spindle. Mechanically it seems ok.

      The "nice" feature about this front end is a two speed gearbox :-)

      As the rear "half" of the drill was burnt out, everything of the rear half
      except the armature has been ditched.

      So questions...

      1. How are such armatures attached to the shaft? and how do I get them off?

      The shaft of course drives a gear in the gearbox and I don't want to make
      a new shaft, I just want to remove the coils / laminations from the shaft
      to allow the installation of a pully and move the original bearing closer
      to the (to be) installed pully.

      2. The gearbox ratios are 10:1 and 27:1. I was thinking of using a sander
      motor at 10,000 rpm, what do you think?

      3. The gearbox has an adjustable impact hammer setting (30,000 impacts per
      minute). I can't think of any use except for the potential of "engraving"
      using a REALLY tiny ball pein. Any thoughts?

      --
      Kind regards

      Peter
    • j.w.early@att.net