Crosspost: bike speedo for lathe?

  • Russ Davis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hi, all. I have crossposted this message to the following groups:

      mwlatheideas, mlathemods, mlprojects, 7x10(&12)minilathe, Imported7x10minilathe

      I hope this isn't considered a breach of etiquette. If so, I apologize in advance.

      If you're still reading, here's my question: I remember reading a fairly involved thread some time ago regarding the use of a bicycle speedometer to display a lathe's spindle RPM. For some reason, though, I can't seem to find the thread(s) in any of the archives. I distinctly remember several messages explaining the method of calibrating the computer using both English and Metric measurements for spindle/chuck diameter.

      Can anyone pierce through my thick skull and point me to the right info? I feel kind of silly not being able to find this for myself, but then again feeling silly is what I do best.

      TIA,

      - Russ

    • piggy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2003
        get a bike speedo that has cadence then you wont need to calibrate it .
        just count the cadence of the chuck or how many times it goes around ?

        don

        ---

      • keith green
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2003
          It was on the Sherline lathe group. The thread was titled "Gear Sensor for Tach"

          keith
          Vancouver, BC
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor