Re: Lathe runs full speed

  • roylowenthal
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2003
      Little Machine Shop has a speed control troubleshooting guide:

      http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Reference/DriveTroubleshooting.pdf

      Full speed only is normally caused by the MOSFETs (power
      transistors) on the speed board failing by shorting. It's
      their "normal" failure mode. LMS sells replacements for a reasonable
      price, unless you're buying them by the thousands. If you're not
      into electronics soldering, any place that repairs consumer
      electronics can install them in your circuit board.

      Roy