Re: [mlathemods] Help Needed

  • Ian Newman
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hi,

      It is not really surprising that there are a lot of UK place names in the USA.  Early settlers named areas after their home towns and districts in the "Old Country".

      From Aberdeen to York, pretty much every UK settlement has a USA namesake.

      Sometimes adding the prefix "New" - you even have a New England.

      All the best,
      Ian

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

        Boston & Plymouth here in MA, come immediately to mind.  We have an Egypt, too.

        Mert

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
          >No worries guys, you know the old saying right?

          >People in America think 100 years is a long time,

          >People in Europe think 100 miles is a long distance ;-)

          And people in England don’t think they are in Europe.

          R James (Jim) Klessig P.E. | Senior Power Systems Engineer |
          Electrical Reliability Services, Emerson Network Power
          jim.klessig@..., jim_klessig@...
          1876 Gwin Rd, Mckinleyville | CA | 95519 | USA
          T  (707) 839 8765 |Cell (707) 616 5509 | Fx (707) 839 8765

        • phoenixst63
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 17, 2013

            What size are we talking about? I'm in Kent but only have a small lathe and limited tooling until Santa puts in an appearance, but if you're not in a rush I MAY be able to help you...