RE: [mlathemods] Help Needed

  • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

      Subject: RE: [mlathemods] Help Needed
      To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:51 AM

      From:
      Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:53 PM
      To:
      mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: 'MERTON B BAKER'
      RE: [mlathemods] Help Needed

      No worries
      guys, you know the old saying right?

      People in
      America think 100 years is a long time,
      People in
      Europe think 100 miles is a long distance ;-)

      Suffolk
      county here in Mass too :-)

        Mike

      From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
        Hi,

        It is not really surprising that there are a lot of UK place names in the USA.  Early settlers named areas after their home towns and districts in the "Old Country".

        From Aberdeen to York, pretty much every UK settlement has a USA namesake.

        Sometimes adding the prefix "New" - you even have a New England.

        All the best,
        Ian

        Mert, your fighting a losing battle. <g>  Some people's view of the world begins around their own feet and recon everyone else knows that.

        There IS a Hadleigh in New York, USA.  And there's a Suffolk (County) there also.  Imagine that!
      • MERTON B BAKER
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013

          Boston & Plymouth here in MA, come immediately to mind.  We have an Egypt, too.

          Mert

          Mert, your fighting a losing battle. <g>  Some people's view of the world begins around their own feet and recon everyone else knows that.

          There IS a Hadleigh in New York, USA.  And there's a Suffolk (County) there also.  Imagine that!

        • jim_klessig
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 20, 2013
            >No worries guys, you know the old saying right?

            >People in America think 100 years is a long time,

            >People in Europe think 100 miles is a long distance ;-)

            And people in England don’t think they are in Europe.

            R James (Jim) Klessig P.E. | Senior Power Systems Engineer |
            Electrical Reliability Services, Emerson Network Power
            jim.klessig@..., jim_klessig@...
            1876 Gwin Rd, Mckinleyville | CA | 95519 | USA
            T  (707) 839 8765 |Cell (707) 616 5509 | Fx (707) 839 8765

          • phoenixst63
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2013

              What size are we talking about? I'm in Kent but only have a small lathe and limited tooling until Santa puts in an appearance, but if you're not in a rush I MAY be able to help you...