Re: [mlathemods] quick change gearbox for 7x min lathe

  • Corey Renner
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2013
      Quickchange gearboxes are complex, but I think JWE might have made one.  It would probably be simpler, cheaper and more versatile to just do an ELS (electronic leadscrew) conversion instead.

      cheers,

      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM, ryan <rglarrier@...> wrote:
      hi, my name is Ryan Larrier an i'm new to this site. have anyone who has the 7x mini lathe every made a quick change gearbox for it an if so do you have any plans or detailed photos of it and how it works? thank you
      ryan larrier
      Barbados

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • WAM
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2013
        http://www.autoartisans.com/ELS/

        There's also a Yahoo group for it:

        Corey Renner wrote:

        >Quickchange gearboxes are complex, but I think JWE might have made one. It
        >would probably be simpler, cheaper and more versatile to just do an ELS
        >(electronic leadscrew) conversion instead.
        >
        >http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f28/electronic-leadscrew-my-lathe-11620/
        >
        >cheers,
        >

        >On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM, ryan <rglarrier@...> wrote:
        >

        >>hi, my name is Ryan Larrier an i'm new to this site. have anyone who has
        >>the 7x mini lathe every made a quick change gearbox for it an if so do you
        >>have any plans or detailed photos of it and how it works? thank you
        >>ryan larrier
        >>Barbados

      • iconoscopedude