Re: JW Early Supported By Latest US Supreme Court Decision...but too

  • c j.s
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      JWE did not have permission to publish (most
      of*) those articles.
      Not 100% true, I have heard from a reliable source (no names, no pack drill) that the magazine knew and gave tacit approval, the problem arose when the new owners found out that another party was selling copies, shame on him.
      CJ(UK)
    • Tony Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013

        As said, they turned a bit of a blind eye towards it until the eBay stuff happened.

        Did ME ever publish their own CD?

        Tony

        JWE did not have permission to publish (most
        of*) those articles.

        Not 100% true, I have heard from a reliable source (no names, no pack drill) that the magazine knew and gave tacit approval, the problem arose when the new owners found out that another party was selling copies, shame on him.

        CJ(UK)

        _._,_.___

      • c j.s
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
          Not as far as I know, believe it or not they do not have permission of all the copyright holders or their descendants, in some cases they do not even know who the author was as so many used pen names, and they can't be seen to act improperly after their threats to Jim can they?
          CJ(UK)
        • andyf1108
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
            I'm sure you are right; it was probably the subsequent commercial exploitation that made them grumpy, rather than the files which JWE published here (and elsewhere?).

            They don't seem ever to have worried over this:
            < http://www.neme-s.org/Model_Engineer_Files/ >

            Andy

            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Smith" <ajsmith1968@...> wrote:

            > As said, they turned a bit of a blind eye towards it until the eBay stuff happened.
            >

            > Did ME ever publish their own CD?
            >

            > Tony
            >

            > JWE did not have permission to publish (most
            > of*) those articles.
            >
            > Not 100% true, I have heard from a reliable source (no names, no pack drill) that the magazine knew and gave tacit approval, the problem arose when the new owners found out that another party was selling copies, shame on him.
            >
            > CJ(UK)
            >

            > _._,_.___
            >
            > <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=5758008/grpspId=1705063697/msgId=4123/stime=1364170533>
            >

            > Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
            > Change settings via the Web <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZXJzOWFsBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzU3NTgwMDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzNjk3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNjQxNzA1MzM-> (Yahoo! ID required)
            > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest> | Switch to Fully Featured <mailto:mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Fully%20Featured>
            > Visit Your Group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNDVkczF1BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzU3NTgwMDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzNjk3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMzY0MTcwNTMz> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe <mailto:mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2013
              Yes there are tons of old books on google docs under books.
              Most of the old ones are free!!

              Mark Taylor