Re: Help wiring lathemaster rotary switch

  • grengerx
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
      --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Robert Francis <bobf0648@...> wrote:

      > of course you will need to trace the wires as you go. Time consuming but
      > not difficult.

      Just finished tracing the wiring ,it looks straight forward as follow,white(Z2)blue(U2)black(V1)red(Z1),the schematics don`t match the wiring,(no surprises there considering the machine`s procedence),after wiring the switch as it is reflected on the schematics,nothing happens,when wired according to a previous drawing of the wiring(except for the missing location of the white wire(z2))the motor hums but don`t spin,tried a few places for the white wire ,on one of them the motor finally spins but only in one direction(clockwise) and with the rotary switch in the center position,forward or reverse switch positions don`t work.I`m afraid of shorting something out ,if I keep pressing my luck regarding the white wire connection,without a clear picture of the switch internals.Thanks for all the help
    • grengerx
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
        Correction capacitor visible now.
      • neils_morr
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2013
          Almost certainly you have a motor which is PSC (permanent split capacitor) and 2 pole / 4 pole wired.

          They're pretty simple. Does this help?

          Neil