"Rotary" switch

  • Bill Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
      Not being familiar with the LatheMaster lathe I am working in the dark
      here. OTOH these 7" X ?" small lathes are much of a same so I suspect
      that the problem can be solve. Let me try to relate it to my Cumins 7 X
      12 lathe. Answer some questions please.

      (1) When you say rotary switch is it a knob on the control panel or is
      it a drum switch with a lever handle?

      (2) How many wires run to this switch?

      (3) How many connection points on the switch.

      Let me consider your answers and I might be able to help!

      Bill in Boulder
    • Robert Francis
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
        Why not contact Lathe Master and seek their help. I'm sure they can
        provide a schematic or drawing.

        WWW.lathemaster.com
      • Robert Francis
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
        • Jerry Durand
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
            Are terminals 2 & 8 separate? If not then you have a short from Line to Neutral (6 to 2).  For a reversing switch, they should be separate.

            On 03/01/2013 09:31 AM, Robert Francis wrote:

            tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
            Skype:  jerrydurand

          • Robert Francis
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
              Sorry I didn't specify, this is the drawing from the owners manual for
              the lathe.

              European diagrams are really hard for me to follow, but I'm pretty sure
              it's correct for single phase power.

              Bob
            • grengerx
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
                --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Bill Williams <BWMSBLDR@...> wrote:

                > Not being familiar with the LatheMaster lathe I am working in the dark
                > here. OTOH these 7" X ?" small lathes are much of a same so I suspect
                > that the problem can be solve. Let me try to relate it to my Cumins 7 X
                > 12 lathe. Answer some questions please.
                >
                > (1) When you say rotary switch is it a knob on the control panel or is
                > it a drum switch with a lever handle?
                >
                > (2) How many wires run to this switch?
                >
                > (3) How many connection points on the switch.
                >
                > Let me consider your answers and I might be able to help!
                >

                > Bill in Boulder

                Great! I just posted a few pics ,one of the switch,one of the wires and one of the nameplate.
                The switch is a drum type with a knob KH-B from Kadu Co,12 connection points,there are 4 wires coming from the motor red, white,blue,black 3 more blue wires coming from master safety switch and one blue from the shroud cut off switch.Thanks again
              • grengerx
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
                  --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Durand <jdurand@...> wrote:

                  > Are terminals 2 & 8 separate? If not then you have a short from Line to
                  > Neutral (6 to 2). For a reversing switch, they should be separate.
                  >

                  > On 03/01/2013 09:31 AM, Robert Francis wrote:
                  >
                  > --
                  > Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. www.interstellar.com
                  > tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
                  > Skype: jerrydurand

                  I just checked and both terminals(2 and 8) are separate
                • grengerx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
                    --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Robert Francis <bobf0648@...> wrote:

                    > Why not contact Lathe Master and seek their help. I'm sure they can
                    > provide a schematic or drawing.
                    >
                    > WWW.lathemaster.com

                    Tried but no luck
                  • grengerx
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
                      --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, Robert Francis <bobf0648@...> wrote:

                      > Sorry I didn't specify, this is the drawing from the owners manual for
                      > the lathe.
                      >
                      > European diagrams are really hard for me to follow, but I'm pretty sure
                      > it's correct for single phase power.
                      >
                      > Bob

                      That`s the same I`m following,but like you ,those schematics give me a headache.I did wire the switch after I straightened the center metal post(it was bent)and it felt it was ok ,but I didn`t see the disconnected white wire until it was too late to note it`s position on the 12 posts switch.