RE: [mlathemods] Repair Rack and gear for g4000

  • MERTON B BAKER
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
      Have you tried Griz Customer Service?  Never gave making a rack gear much thought, but in the last minute or two, have though that it would require a simple milling setup, but an unusual sort of horizontal miller.  Perhaps a specially shaped endmill would work on a standard Bridgeport?  I would have to think that's how they are machined.

      Mert

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
        What length do you need? I upgraded my HF 7x10 and have a spare rack. Others may have similar so you could piece them together. Just a thought.
        Robert Spinden. Redeeming The Time LLC. 1000 W. Finch Dr. Nampa, Idaho 83651. 208-546-8050
      • jandtsc
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
          Hi,

          A rack has straight tooth (no envelute) they are slanted 20 deg and have a depth of 2.25 times module. The pitch is module times pi.

          Best regards,

          Jan,

          The Netherlands,
        • Robert Redeeming The Time
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
            Please post photo.
            Robert Spinden. Redeeming The Time LLC. 1000 W. Finch Dr. Nampa, Idaho 83651. 208-546-8050
          • SirJohnOfYork
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
              Grizzly G4000 9x19 Bench Top Lathe

              Parts List - The rack is Ref number 1302 on page 69 - Part # P40001302. I assume the Part # is the replacement part # required? Call Grizzly...!
              Manual

              Please post photo.