Help finding members/mentors

  • markust74
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
      I am in the Dallas TX area and would like to find someone to learn
      from/with. Since member databases are no longer searchable
      can anyone offer suggestions?
      If anyone is near me they can just reply I guess?
      Thank you
      Mark
    • Bill Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
        markust74 wrote:
        > I am in the Dallas TX area and would like to find someone to learn
        > from/with. Since member databases are no longer searchable
        > can anyone offer suggestions?
        > If anyone is near me they can just reply I guess?
        > Thank you
        > Mark

        Hello Mark! Firstly I am sorry that I cannot help you as I am in
        Colorado! You might find someone in your area from this list. Secondly
        you might want to look for a Dallas area Home Shop Machining club. AKA a
        Model Engineering Society. Thirdly, if you need to acquire the basic
        machining skill you might want to see what is available through local HS
        or Junior Colleges in your area! HTH. Bill in Boulder
      • Jim E.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
          See <http://www.sherline.com/clubs.htm>

          Graciously,
          Jim E.
          Lakewood, Calif.
          All Hail Rube Goldberg!

          markust74 wrote:
          > I am in the Dallas TX area and would like to find someone to learn
          > from/with. Since member databases are no longer searchable
          > can anyone offer suggestions?
          > If anyone is near me they can just reply I guess?
          > Thank you
          > Mark
        • Frank
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012