Re: OT: Chainsaw sharpening. Expertise and experience?

  • Ray C Archibald
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2 9:53 PM
      I have several chain saw sharpeners including the Harbor Freight sharpener you have. I have 3 saws a Homelite 550 with a 40 inch bar, a Homelite 410 with 24”, 30”, and 26” bars, and a Stihl 444 Magnum with a 24” and 32” bar. Any more I use the Harbor Freight sharpener about 90% of the time. It is much easier and faster to sharpen those long chains with it, than any of the manual with file, manual using a rotary burr, or the dremel type using stone burrs. I set mine at 35 degrees, and adjust the depth of cut to match the original cut. The side angle is built into the sharpener.

      Ray
    • warren hughes
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5 6:42 PM
        Yup what Ray said me too . Warren