Cross Slide Modification

  • rjd233
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16 11:50 AM
      Has anyone modified their cross slide by increasing the travel like the following two links? Any tips on accomplishing the task would be appreciated. Thanks.

      http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty/7x10/xslidemod.html
      http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/CrossSlide.html

      Ron
    • Jim E.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17 8:12 AM
        I used Gordon Scott's method
        <http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty/7x10/xslidemod.html> with little
        hassle. At the time, a 7x forum member had a ton o' 2" metric screws
        that fit the original holes, so I didn't have to re-tap as others did.

        btw: I have the MicroMark imperial conversion on my cross slide, don't
        think that made a difference.

        Graciously,
        Jim E.
        Lakewood, Calif.