Send your guns out hunting.

  • OneBike2Ride
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
      War Machines: Recruiting Robots for Combat.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/science/28robot.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
    • James Early
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
        I really think we need to examine these very sensible points before we begin building automatic war robots!

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

        But until we end liberal thinking I guess we are destined to continue useless wars for power and influence of the liberal leadership!

        Nov 28, 2010 10:09:54 AM, mlathemods@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/science/28robot.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
      • Brian Pitt
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
          On Sunday 28 November 2010 11:35:15 James Early wrote:
          > I really think we need to examine these very sensible points before we begin building automatic war robots!
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

          but they aren't sensible points at all ,they are simply a plot device used in fictional stories
          for that they work very well ,in every story that features them they actually cause most of the problems

          in the real world the only one that could be applied is the 2nd ,robots must obey commands
          and that's really no more than we expect from a light switch

          kind of a moot point since we're already building Killbots

          Brian
          --
          Science Fiction is a branch of children's literature.
          Tom Disch
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
            Spoken like a true liberal of the ultimate faith!

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
              On Sunday 28 November 2010 15:46:28 James Early wrote:
              > Spoken like a Bla bla bla
              > JWE

              Ya see now Jimbo this kind of stuff is why nobody shows up to your birthday parties

              Brian
              --
              "A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle."
              Benjamin Franklin
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
                Ben did always have a sharp point of view about ignorant liberals of your type. But Brian you must surly comprehend that others view your immature childish alterations of other peoples postings to reflect you own extremely immature outlook on life. But I never expect real intelligence from immature liberal minds than you typically show.

                Nov 28, 2010 04:08:11 PM, mlathemods@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                On Sunday 28 November 2010 15:46:28 James Early wrote:
                > Spoken like a Bla bla bla
                > JWE

                Ya see now Jimbo this kind of stuff is why nobody shows up to your birthday parties

                Brian
                --
                "A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle."
                Benjamin Franklin
              • oldstudentmsgt
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 28, 2010
                  JW, Isaac Asimov wrote the Three Laws of Robotics specifically because there was a LOT of wiggle room in them. Actually workable laws that made things really safe wouldn't have been any fun to write about, or so he said in an essay about them. ;)

                  Bill in OKC