Fw: Your invitation from Jonnilyn abayon is about to expire

  • David Halfpenny h
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2010
      I've been spammed by Grouply claiming to represent a member.

      If you have too, please don't fall for it.

      Joining Grouply involves divulging your Yahoo password.
      This breaches Yahoo terms and conditions and our trust in you.
      It allows an anonymous corporation to publish any or all of our material to the entire internet.

      It therefore results in automatic expulsion from many groups.

      David 1/2d
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2010
        David, if you go to the Grouply site, and track down their "opt out" option, you can prevent getting Grouply invites. I did it over a year ago, IIRC, and haven't gotten one since. I can't tell you exactly how I did it, as my memory of that time is kind of shot, but it did work, and I did NOT get an increased amount of spam afterwards, either.

        Hope this helps.

        Bill in OKC

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny h" <davidhalfpenny@...> wrote:

        > I've been spammed by Grouply claiming to represent a member.
        >
        > If you have too, please don't fall for it.
        >
        > Joining Grouply involves divulging your Yahoo password.
        > This breaches Yahoo terms and conditions and our trust in you.
        > It allows an anonymous corporation to publish any or all of our material to the entire internet.
        >
        > It therefore results in automatic expulsion from many groups.
        >
        > David 1/2d

      • David Halfpenny gmail
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2010
          > David, if you go to the Grouply site, and track down their "opt out"
          > option, you can prevent getting Grouply invites. I did it over a year
          > ago, IIRC, and haven't gotten one since. I can't tell you exactly how I
          > did it, as my memory of that time is kind of shot, but it did work, and I
          > did NOT get an increased amount of spam afterwards, either.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > Bill in OKC

          That's true Bill, but then I wouldn't know when my groups have been
          spammed.

          I don't have a problem with getting Grouply messages - I get them from the
          professional networking sites too.
          What I have a problem with is people publishing group business on the
          public internet by joining Grouply and giving away their passwords.

          David 1/2d
        • oldstudentmsgt
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2010
            I don't believe it would stop you from getting emails from the Yahoo groups where people have compromised themselves and us. I also don't blame you for shutting them down when they do. I was getting direct invites as well as the ones through the groups, and I'm in about 105 groups. right now. The only way I see them now is in the digests I get, as I get all my yahoo group mail as digests. It has kept me from getting a lot more spam, and I thought it might help you.

            Bill in OKC

            > > David, if you go to the Grouply site, and track down their "opt out"
            > > option, you can prevent getting Grouply invites. I did it over a year
            > > ago, IIRC, and haven't gotten one since. I can't tell you exactly how I
            > > did it, as my memory of that time is kind of shot, but it did work, and I
            > > did NOT get an increased amount of spam afterwards, either.
            > >
            > > Hope this helps.
            > >
            > > Bill in OKC
            >
            > That's true Bill, but then I wouldn't know when my groups have been
            > spammed.
            >
            > I don't have a problem with getting Grouply messages - I get them from the
            > professional networking sites too.
            > What I have a problem with is people publishing group business on the
            > public internet by joining Grouply and giving away their passwords.
            >
            > David 1/2d

          • David Halfpenny gmail
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2010