New here - Microlux 7x16 owner

  • tenorman1952
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
      New here, and a new owner of the Microlux 7x16 lathe from Micromark.

      I've been wanting a lathe for some time now, mostly for musical instrument repair, but also some sax and clarinet mouthpiece work, as well as various other uses.

      I was going to order the Microlux 7x14, and saw they had a new 7x16. Well, that was an easy decision.

      I've bought some accessories, mostly from Little Machine Shop, and a few items from Micromark. So far I've spent almost as much as for the lathe itself... hahah! I'm sure you knew that.

      I've cut some funny shapes in pieces of Delrin rod so far. And I'm looking to learn more here.

      I've made a folder and posted some photos in the Photo section, "7x16_Microlux".

      Paul C.
    • OneBike2Ride
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
         Welcome!

         Be sure to sign up here as well:

         Lots of daily traffic on the 7x10/12/14 mini-lathes, and a few 7x16s have started to show up as well. I don't know yet if the 7x16 will have enough differences to require someone to (successfully) set up a new separate group just for them.(?) I do know there are some 8x12 owners, 9x20 owners, 10x22 owners and etc. who still like to participate there because its a fairly active list.

         In any case, have fun! :-)
         John Z.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "OneBike2Ride" <steelchipper@...> wrote:

          > Welcome!
          >
          > Be sure to sign up here as well:

          Thanks, John!

          and here

          But those two groups seem to be inactive.

          This group I found through a link on a minilathe site and appears to be an active group.

          I've just signed up for the 7x12minilathe group as you suggested... thanks! Looks to be another active group.

          Looking forward to hanging around and learning.

          Paul C.