Mini Lathe Availability

  • chummishree <chummishree@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003
      Hi all,

      i'm looking for a second hand (used) mini lathe. 7x10.
      can anybody gimme info on where to buy it?

      Raghavendra
    • jjfear <jjfear@ix.netcom.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
        Best bet is to look locally.

        It is too difficult to package for shipment, for the price that one
        could get. It CAN be shipped by UPS, but only if their standards are
        met, and if it is not in the original packaging, it's not likely to
        meet their requirements.

        It is also not likely that you can beat Homier's new price for a 7x12,
        with a 7x10 with shipping.

        I have a 7x10 that I will sell at some point, but will take less and
        not consider shipping, when I do.

        Original retailers like HF, Homier, Grizzly, etc. can provide
        warrantee protection, and maybe stick the carriers insurance for
        repairs or replacement. An individual cannot do that, because the
        usual warrantee only extends to the original purchaser.

        And what are you going to save off 300 bux.

        HTH
        Jerry
        Denver

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "chummishree <chummishree@y...>"