Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????

Expand Messages
  • whitey
    David don t forget to take your blood pressure medicine. Smile Whitey ... From: David Lee To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 7:41 AM
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 30, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      David don't forget to take your blood pressure medicine. Smile Whitey
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: David Lee
      Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 7:41 AM
      Subject: RE: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????

      Here I am, no lathe, no miller, no machine tools to speak of, and I have the common sense to say where I live when I advertise to sell something on the WWW and then there’s Pete, THREE; count them THREE damn lathes and he’s not aware enough to say where he lives when he offers one for sale.  WTF am I doing wrong?

      David Lee


      -----Original Message-----
      From: mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:mlathemods@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of c.j.s.
      Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:50 PM
      To: mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com
      Subject: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????

      Remember it is the WORLD wide webb.

      cjs

      in England

      the home of the indusrial revolution

      --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "Pete" <turbo2pete@. ..> wrote:

      >  

      > In my case at least, I just forgot to mention that I'm in NY...

      and

      > figured it didn't really matter much since shipping is shipping. 

      US

      > Postal svc. gives pretty much a set rate whether it's 5 miles or

      500.

      >

      > Pete

      >

      >

      > --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@> wrote:

      > >

      > > I'm told now that the guy with the lathe for sale is in Little

      > America,

      > > Anartica.

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >  <http://www.smileyce ntral.com/ ?partner= ZSzeb001_ ZNxpt343PBUS>

      > Sports Fan 2

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > David Lee

      > >

      > >   _____ 

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > -----Original Message-----

      > > From: mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com

      [mailto:mlathemods@ yahoogroups. com]

      > On

      > > Behalf Of a3sigma

      > > Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:00 AM

      > > To: mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com

      > > Subject: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@> wrote:

      > >

      > > >

      > >

      > > > Why do people advertise stuff for sale on the Internet and not

      say

      > where

      > >

      > > > they live?  I guess they think that, since they probably know

      > where they

      > >

      > > > are, everyone else does too.

      > >

      > > >

      > >

      > > > 

      > >

      > > >

      > >

      > > > David Lee

      > >

      > > >

      > >

      > > >   _____

      > >

      > > >

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > Good point, thank you.  It's also helpful to know where people

      live

      > in

      > >

      > > order to suggest sources of tools and materials, local groups and

      > >

      > > shows, what currencies and system of measurement they're using,

      and

      > >

      > > even help understand usages of words.  It's also fun and

      interesting

      > >

      > > to see what geographic and cultural diversity is present in the

      > groups

      > >

      > > we subscribe to.

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > ------------ --------- --------- ------

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/mlathemods /

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     Individual Email | Traditional

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/mlathemods /join

      > >

      > >     (Yahoo! ID required)

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     mailto:mlathemods- digest@yahoogrou ps.com

      > >

      > >     mailto:mlathemods- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     mlathemods-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >     http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > > 

      > >

      > >   _____ 

      > >

      > > Express yourself with over 10,000 FREE Email Smileys - click

      here!

      > > <http://www.smileyce ntral.com/>

      > >

      >  

      ------------ --------- --------- ------

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/mlathemods /

      <*> Your email settings:

          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/mlathemods /join

          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

          mailto:mlathemods- digest@yahoogrou ps.com

          mailto:mlathemods- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          mlathemods-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

      <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

    • Pete
      Sure Dave! Pete s Trucking though probably costs more than US Postal Svc. ;-) box it up right, maybe in 2 boxes (motor & tailstock in 1, head & bed in
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Sure Dave! Pete's Trucking though probably costs more than US Postal
        Svc. ;-) box it up right, maybe in 2 boxes (motor & tailstock in 1,
        head & bed in another) and USPS is reasonable. (my minimill was
        shipped this way)

        Gas & tolls though, even under $2/gal is still a bitch in my 15mpg van
        :-(

        Pete

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@...> wrote:
        >
        > Are you offering to deliver to snow-bound central New Hampshire?
        >
        > _____
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > -----Original Message-----
        > From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mlathemods@yahoogroups.com]
        On
        > Behalf Of Pete
        > Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:54 AM
        > To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????
        >
        >
        >
        > AMITYVILLE, NEW YORK guys! (wiping egg off face) geez I was in
        such
        >
        > a rush when I posted that!
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Oh, David, it's actually FOUR if you count the wood lathe... Oh
        wait,
        >
        > the neck turning tool is technically a 'lathe' too! <Grin>
        >
        >
        >
        > I got the last two the 109, and an Atlas 10F just in the last two
        >
        > weeks! I went to look at the 109, not knowing it was a 'little'
        >
        > lathe, and the guy had it loaded in my van and scrounged up the
        motor
        >
        > for it before I knew what was going on! and I figured 'ok, nice to
        >
        > have to make spacers while I do roller bearings on my spindle'
        >
        >
        >
        > now a couple days ago I find this 10F for exactly what I had left in
        >
        > my pocket (no joke!, big project not done yet, can't invoice until
        >
        > it's done, I'm getting HUNGRY) but I couldn't pass on it. I'm
        amazed
        >
        > it wasn't gone before I got to it!
        >
        >
        >
        > c'mon David, it's here calling for you... it wants a good home!
        (and
        >
        > that's why I priced it right too!)
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Pete
        >
        > ...in AMITYVILLE
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@> wrote:
        >
        > >
        >
        > > Here I am, no lathe, no miller, no machine tools to speak of, and
        I
        >
        > have the
        >
        > > common sense to say where I live when I advertise to sell
        something
        >
        > on the
        >
        > > WWW and then there's Pete, THREE; count them THREE damn lathes and
        >
        > he's not
        >
        > > aware enough to say where he lives when he offers one for sale.
        WTF
        >
        > am I
        >
        > > doing wrong?
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > David Lee
        >
        > >
        >
        > > _____
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > -----Original Message-----
        >
        > > From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
        [mailto:mlathemods@yahoogroups.com]
        >
        > On
        >
        > > Behalf Of c.j.s.
        >
        > > Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:50 PM
        >
        > > To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > > Subject: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > Remember it is the WORLD wide webb.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > cjs
        >
        > >
        >
        > > in England
        >
        > >
        >
        > > the home of the indusrial revolution
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <turbo2pete@> wrote:
        >
        > >
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > In my case at least, I just forgot to mention that I'm in NY...
        >
        > >
        >
        > > and
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > figured it didn't really matter much since shipping is shipping.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > US
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > Postal svc. gives pretty much a set rate whether it's 5 miles or
        >
        > >
        >
        > > 500.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > Pete
        >
        > >
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@> wrote:
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > I'm told now that the guy with the lathe for sale is in Little
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > America,
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Anartica.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt343PBUS>
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > Sports Fan 2
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > David Lee
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > _____
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > -----Original Message-----
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > From: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > [mailto:mlathemods@yahoogroups.com]
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > On
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Behalf Of a3sigma
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:00 AM
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Subject: [mlathemods] Re: For sale???????
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Lee" <dsleeI@>
        wrote:
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > > Why do people advertise stuff for sale on the Internet and
        not
        >
        > >
        >
        > > say
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > where
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > > they live? I guess they think that, since they probably
        know
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > where they
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > > are, everyone else does too.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > > David Lee
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > > _____
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Good point, thank you. It's also helpful to know where people
        >
        > >
        >
        > > live
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > in
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > order to suggest sources of tools and materials, local groups
        >
        > and
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > shows, what currencies and system of measurement they're
        using,
        >
        > >
        >
        > > and
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > even help understand usages of words. It's also fun and
        >
        > >
        >
        > > interesting
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > to see what geographic and cultural diversity is present in
        the
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > groups
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > we subscribe to.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > ------------------------------------
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/join
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > mailto:mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > mailto:mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > _____
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > Express yourself with over 10,000 FREE Email Smileys - click
        >
        > >
        >
        > > here!
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > > <http://www.smileycentral.com/>
        >
        > >
        >
        > > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > ------------------------------------
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/join
        >
        > >
        >
        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > mailto:mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > > mailto:mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > >
        >
        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/
        >
        >
        >
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        >
        >
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mlathemods/join
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        >
        >
        > mailto:mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > mailto:mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >
        >
        > mlathemods-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >
        >
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.