T6 Aluminum quick change tool posts

  • buzbee33
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
      Can anyone that has used a quick change tool post machined from T6
      aluminum advise how they hold up
      Chuck
    • corey renner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
        I've had my TS Engineering post (the one that A2Z ripped-off) for
        years now, still perfect.

        cheers,

        On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM, buzbee33 <buzbee33@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone that has used a quick change tool post machined from T6
        > aluminum advise how they hold up
        > Chuck
      • buzbee33
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "corey renner" <vandal968@...> wrote:

          > I've had my TS Engineering post (the one that A2Z ripped-off) for
          > years now, still perfect.
          >
          > cheers,
          >
          > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM, buzbee33 <buzbee33@...> wrote:
          > > Can anyone that has used a quick change tool post machined from T6
          > > aluminum advise how they hold up
          > > Chuck

          Thanks for the info Corey. I have worked with 6061 T6 making repairs to
          my 59 year old antique Cessna aircraft and found it a very good
          material for that purpose. Just didn't know how it would stand up to
          the torque forces that a tool post can experience. Should have known I
          guess, tail wheel mounts and flap hinges, not to mention wing spars can
          get a good workout.

          Chuck Buzbee
        • Jim E.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009