Backlash

  • sfweaponsman <paradude54@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2003
      Is there any way to get rid of the backlash on the carriage of my
      Micro Mark 7x12? My Micro Mark mill also has a ton of backlash on
      the wheel that feeds is down (I'm temporarily brain dead and can't
      think of the name of that wheel). I would greatly appreciate any
      help that can be offered.

      Thanks,
      Robert
    • ChrlyThB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
        Speaking of Mill Backlash, my Homier has a "ton" of backlash in the vertical
        "fine" feed. I suspect the resolution to the problem will be the same for
        the Homier as it is for the MicroMark.

        Charlie B

      • Jerry Biehler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
          On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 05:54 PM, sfweaponsman
          <paradude54@...> wrote:

          > Is there any way to get rid of the backlash on the carriage of my
          > Micro Mark 7x12? My Micro Mark mill also has a ton of backlash on
          > the wheel that feeds is down (I'm temporarily brain dead and can't
          > think of the name of that wheel). I would greatly appreciate any
          > help that can be offered.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Robert

          This sounds bad, but bend the shaft of the gear that drive the rack up
          a bit, It is very soft steel. I had a lot of backlash until I noticed
          that this shaft was bent. I bent ut back up tight then ran some bras
          shim between the teeth of the rack and the pinion. (It bent the rod
          back and set it to a good position.

          -Jerry

        • Old Coot <h_villers@hotmail.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2003
            Go to Frank Hoose's excellent Mini-Lathe site:

            http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe/Setup/setup.htm#Adjusting

            Everything you need to know about adjusting your lathe can be found
            there...

            Harlan

            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "sfweaponsman <paradude54@e...>"

          • ChrlyThB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2003
              My Backlash is in the Vertical vernier adjustment on my Homier mill. Not, my lathe.

              Charlie B