All I Want For Christmas...

  • Jim E.
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 16, 2008
      Check this baby out...

      http://www.luxist.com/2008/08/12/kobalt-tool-chest-has-mini-fridge-and-stereo-built-right-in/

      Graciously,
      Jim E.
      Lakewood, CA
      All Hail Rube Goldberg!
    • Rich Kleinhenz
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 16, 2008
        saw this at Lowe's recently and nearly fell over laughing. No bunk bed though...

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 16, 2008
          It doesn't have a flat screen TV.

          I was discussing it with one lady and she said most men would probably want
          the top to open up to a stage with a dancing pole telescoping out of it,
          works for me!!!

          :
          : On 12/16/2008 at 1:36 PM Jim E. wrote:
          :
          : >Check this baby out...
          : >
          :
          >http://www.luxist.com/2008/08/12/kobalt-tool-chest-has-mini-fridge-and-stereo-built-right-in/
          : >
          : >
          : > Graciously,
          : > Jim E.
          : > Lakewood, CA
          : > All Hail Rube Goldberg!
          : >
          : >
          : >
          : >
          : >------------------------------------
          : >
          : >Yahoo! Groups Links
          : >
          : >
          : >
          :
          : --
          : Regards,
          : Rich
          : ================================
          : Richard Kleinhenz
          : http://beautifulhandmadepens.com
          : ================================
          :
          :
          :
          : ------------------------------------
          :
          : Yahoo! Groups Links
          :
          :
          :
          :
        • corey renner
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 16, 2008
            Call that the Mk 2.

            :)

            On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Paty <paty@...> wrote:

            >most men would probably want
            > the top to open up to a stage with a dancing pole telescoping out of it,
            > works for me!!!
          • keith gutshall
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 16, 2008
              Hello Jim
               I  would like a good lathe instead of a toolbox.

               Keith

              Deep Run Portage
              Back Shop
              " The Lizard Works"

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 17, 2008
                While some might think this is an expensive indulgence, in fact it is a
                very practical, money-saving device that is perfectly suited to these
                hard times. With one of these beauties in the garage and a microwave
                oven, a person could easily live in the workshop. I think there's enough
                room in the top for a mattress. Then you can rent out the house, and use
                the income to finance more tool purchases (along with weekly visits to
                the YMCA for showers).

                My $.02,
                Rick V.
              • David Lee
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 17, 2008
                  Weekly? WEEKLY?? Good Grief!!
                  ___________________________

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 17, 2008
                    David:
                    I'd wager Rick is a churchgoing machinist who adheres to a weekly Saturday
                    evening regimin...

                    Graciously,
                    Jim E.
                    Lakewood, CA
                    All Hail Rube Goldberg!

                    David Lee wrote:
                    > Weekly? WEEKLY?? Good Grief!!
                    > ___________________________

                  • Paty
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 17, 2008
                      so often???

                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 18, 2008
                        I, personally, think that the old time cowboys had a better idea. Two baths a year - one before the water froze up (missed that one I think!) and one after the water wasn't frozen anymore (I've got about 4 1/2 months to wait for this one!).

                        On 12/17/08, Paty <paty@...> wrote:
                        so often???

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 18, 2008
                          Queen Elizabeth I is said to have been fastidious because she bathed
                          once a year, whether she needed it or not.

                          Probably a myth, though it may cast some light on her lifelong
                          spinsterhood. Like other aristos of her day, she probably took a bath
                          every month or two - quite frequently by the standards of the time.

                          Andy

                          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Paty" <paty@...> wrote:

                          > so often???

                        • pkgloger
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 19, 2008
                            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, various people wrote:

                            > Queen Elizabeth...once a year, whether she needed it or not.
                            > >
                            > > : Weekly? WEEKLY?? Good Grief!!

                            Hey, aren't we getting off topic here? What? Oh, "rust control?"
                            OK, sorry, my mistake. Carry on!

                            Paul in Pittsfield
                            Happy Holidays!
                          • Gus Rodriguez
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 19, 2008
                              Weekly? WEEKLY??? I only get it once a month ... oh, wait ... not what you're talking about, is it .... sorry. My mistake ....

                              ....Gus

                              > Queen Elizabeth... once a year, whether she needed it or not.
                              > >
                              > > : Weekly? WEEKLY?? Good Grief!!

                              Hey, aren't we getting off topic here? What? Oh, "rust control?"
                              OK, sorry, my mistake. Carry on!

                              Paul in Pittsfield
                              Happy Holidays!

                            • New Hampshire Engineer
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 20, 2008

                                There are some folks who only bathe once a week whether they need it or not and think washing their face somehow, magically, rids their entire body of dead skin cells and bacteria.  I had a secretary who only bathed once a week.  Although quite attractive, it was no wonder to me why she was still single at 28.

                                BC

                                <I'm smarter than your average moron.....>

                                David Lee wrote:

                                > Weekly?  WEEKLY??  Good Grief!!

                                > ___________________________

                                <*> Your email settings:

                                    Individual Email | Traditional

                                <*> To change settings online go to:

                                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                                <*> To change settings via email:

                                    mailto:mlathemods-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                    mailto:mlathemods-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • David Halfpenny gmail
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 20, 2008
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 20, 2008
                                    David Halfpenny gmail wrote:
                                    (A lot followed!)

                                    A conundrum indeed! A completely OT thread that deserves instant
                                    banishment but that is full of remarkably funny material.

                                    "By the time it was my turn, I've seen thinner soup."

                                    Is a statement that evokes the whole post Victorian British emigration
                                    to the colonies. Bill
                                  • David Lee
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 21, 2008

                                      I can’t imagine why there is objection to OT’s here.  This is the most activity I’ve seen here since I joined.

                                      David

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 21, 2008
                                        David Lee wrote:
                                        > I can’t imagine why there is objection to OT’s here. This is the most
                                        > activity I’ve seen here since I joined.
                                        >

                                        > David

                                        It may help if you view this as irony! Bill

                                        > "By the time it was my turn, I've seen thinner soup."
                                        >

                                        > Is a statement that evokes the whole post Victorian British
                                        > emigration
                                        >
                                        > to the colonies. Bill
                                      • oldstudentmsgt
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Dec 21, 2008
                                          David, I've recently started using the soap my wife uses, brand-name
                                          of "Dove" because it has less soap, and more lotion components. I've
                                          suffered for years from my skin drying, cracking, and splitting until
                                          I bleed from the harsh degreasing agents. I've been an amateur
                                          mechanic and DIY'er for decades, and constantly have to remove the
                                          greasy residue of cars and other equipment. My skin still feels dry,
                                          but not nearly so badly as it did, and I haven't cracked open and
                                          bled in over a week.

                                          Combined with what I've seen in the Middle East, I'd have to say you
                                          are right on the mark in your comments. Sort of combining the two,
                                          the Dove soap we bought is rose-scented, which was quite popular in
                                          Turkey when we were there, a couple of decades ago. Reminds me of
                                          good memories!

                                          Bill in OKC

                                          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny gmail"