RE: [mlathemods] Re: Lathe made from automotive pistons

  • David Lee
    Message 1 of 66 , May 28, 2008

      Not intending to create controversy, IMO though the booklet contains 49 pages of worthless drivel and nearly as many pages of childish cartoons.  I’m only writing this to warn others that the only value the book has is to present an interesting idea and I really doubt anyone with average mechanical ability could make the device from Mr. Fleming’s publication alone.  On the other hand, Ben Conway’s SolidWorks drawings are shaping up quite nicely and I, for one, am looking forward to their release and the ensuing discussion of them on the forum.

      DSLee

      Message 66 of 66 , Jun 3, 2008
        Hi Gary,

        --- Gary Hallenbeck <compressorguy@...>
        wrote:

        > On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:29:55 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
        >
        > I appologize for any offense

        No offence taken - one of the delights of the English
        language is that it is so easy to misunderstand and
        misinterpret what people are saying! (And anyway, by
        the time you get to my age you stop caring about what
        people think about you).

        > I appreciate your measured and courteous response to
        > my comments

        Life is far too short to waste time on getting upset.
        I have always found that being civil not only costs
        nothing, but lets you get misunderstandings sorted out
        much more quickly – that leaves more time for playing
        round in the workshop.

        All the best,

        Ian

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail.