Lathe Made from Diesel Pistons Project

  • NHEnginer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008

      Greetings any and all Ben Fleming Defenders;

      I'm sorry this project is taking so long but Mr. Fleming's drawing are making my hair hurt.  If there's anyone out there who's built or attempted to build this device, I have a bit of confusion regarding the cross slide wear pads (drawing #1, 11 and page #13).  The pad is (I guess) 6.000" X 6.000" X .250" thk.  The wear pad is .025" thk X 1.250" wide X 6.500" long.

      Can anyone tell me if the wear pad is supposed to be .500" longer than the cross slide pad of did Mr. Fleming screw up?

      Regards,

      BC

      ---