Re:Webcam for lathe and mill

  • Joe Hood
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 19, 2007
      Howdy,

      I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

      Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate them with their "tag"?

      Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions that they would share?

      Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is Paypal accepted?

      Thanks,
      Adios,
      Joe
    • ivymcneil
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 15, 2007
        Hi Joe

        I just finished my cam holder ( pic,s below ).
        Tomorrow I'm going to try it out on the BP, I think it may make a
        good inspection tool.

        I tried the Utility keys and the Con key and it shut my computer down
        with a driver error, I may need a different web cam.
        Here's the pic,s http://lnk.in/CenterCam

        Ivy McNeil

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Hood" <joehood@...> wrote:

        > Howdy,
        >
        > I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center
        Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on
        e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in
        business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently
        in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational
        interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the
        action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

        > Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate
        them with their "tag"?

        > Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions
        that they would share?

        > Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is
        Paypal accepted?

        > Thanks,
        > Adios,
        > Joe

      • Norman Atkinson
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 16, 2007
          Two replies!

          Payment- I do have Mike Trethewey's address but I would suggest that
          you write to him at
          miketreth@...

          I sent him an English cheque so cannot fully answer your query

          Regarding the problem of downloading, I could not load in Win 1 or 2 or
          ME and had to resort to my copy of XP. This was a so and so as I was
          having to change the OS on my ancient lap top.

          I got round the problem with copying CentreCam onto a CD on my main PC
          and thence to the old laptop for my workshop.

          At the same time, I got a Shumatech DRO made up for me at the UK Show
          in Harrogate- Thanks Lester Caine- but there is the CentreCam loading.
          Go XP or 2000. I used a cheap computer fair webcam with all the lights
          which.

          I hope that this helps

          Norman