Re:Webcam for lathe and mill

  • Lt. Scott
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 7, 2007
      I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
      on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
      in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
      product automatically downloads.

      John
    • Danny
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 8, 2007
        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Lt. Scott" <jtall@...> wrote:

        > I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
        > on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
        > in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
        > product automatically downloads.

        G'day John et al.

        I think the bloke is protecting his investment of time and development,
        but then this is awesome software - especially the offset calibration
        for our less than perfect manufacture. The hole measuring, centering &
        direct measuring facility is very useful if one calibrates the camera.
        I calibrated mine by blueing a scrap of aluminium, scribing it gently
        with a point in my mill and the handwheel using the dials to measure
        0.640" x 0.480" so that 1 pixel = 1 thou. Then I moved in on the
        rectangle, adjusted focus for a sharp image and moved to the
        calibration screen and plugged in the numbers.

        After that I left the setup static, slipped a vernier caliper between
        the camera and the ali and machined a gauge block to the measurements
        (15.25mm in my case).

        I must find the income to pay Mike T, I feel guilty but just a
        pensioner also - but eventually I shall pay my dues.

        Cu Later * Danny *
      • Joe Hood
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 19, 2007
          Howdy,

          I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

          Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate them with their "tag"?

          Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions that they would share?

          Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is Paypal accepted?

          Thanks,
          Adios,
          Joe
        • ivymcneil
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 15, 2007
            Hi Joe

            I just finished my cam holder ( pic,s below ).
            Tomorrow I'm going to try it out on the BP, I think it may make a
            good inspection tool.

            I tried the Utility keys and the Con key and it shut my computer down
            with a driver error, I may need a different web cam.
            Here's the pic,s http://lnk.in/CenterCam

            Ivy McNeil

            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Hood" <joehood@...> wrote:

            > Howdy,
            >
            > I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center
            Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on
            e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in
            business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently
            in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational
            interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the
            action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

            > Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate
            them with their "tag"?

            > Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions
            that they would share?

            > Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is
            Paypal accepted?

            > Thanks,
            > Adios,
            > Joe

          • Norman Atkinson
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 16, 2007
              Two replies!

              Payment- I do have Mike Trethewey's address but I would suggest that
              you write to him at
              miketreth@...

              I sent him an English cheque so cannot fully answer your query

              Regarding the problem of downloading, I could not load in Win 1 or 2 or
              ME and had to resort to my copy of XP. This was a so and so as I was
              having to change the OS on my ancient lap top.

              I got round the problem with copying CentreCam onto a CD on my main PC
              and thence to the old laptop for my workshop.

              At the same time, I got a Shumatech DRO made up for me at the UK Show
              in Harrogate- Thanks Lester Caine- but there is the CentreCam loading.
              Go XP or 2000. I used a cheap computer fair webcam with all the lights
              which.

              I hope that this helps

              Norman