Re: [mlathemods] Re:Webcam for lathe and mill

  • William Rutiser
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 16, 2007
      eqreservoir wrote:
      > This is the way I've tried more than once: I went through google-
      > CentreCam- from there I click on CentreCam which takes me to this
      > link- http://www.miketreth.mistral.co.uk/centrecam.htm from there I
      > click on the software bar- went to download bar and clicked- and I
      > get an error 404 message. Tried one more time and get the same error
      > message.
      > Enjoy.
      > HTj
      >
      > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Norman Atkinson" <norman@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> I have just gone- Google- CentreCam- and it was ready to down load.
      >>
      >> You can E-mail me at norman@... if you fail. I recall going in from
      >>
      > Google
      >
      >> Lets us know please of how you got on.
      >>
      >> Cheers

      There are (at least) two buttons on the site that say "Download". One
      works while the other doesn't.

      Start at
      http://www.miketreth.mistral.co.uk/centrecam.htm

      This should give you a page with a "CentreCam" centered at the top. The
      page has a column of 9 dark blue buttons along the left edge. The sixth
      button is labeled "Software". The seventh button is labeled "Software
      Download".

      Click on the "Software Download" button.

      This should take you to a page headed "Software Download", some
      instructional text, and several boxes to fill in. Below the box labeled
      "Comments" is a "Submit" button. Fill in the boxes and click the
      "Submit" button. What you see next is browser dependent. You should see
      a browser dialog that gives a choice to save a file named "centrecam12.zip".

      If you were to press the "Software" button that is just above the
      "Software Download" button, you will be taken to a page that describes
      the software and the features of Version 1.2. At the bottom is a
      clickable link labeled "Download Version 1.2". That leads to a 404 error.

      Good Luck,
      Bill Rutiser
      Gaithersburg, MD, US
    • Lt. Scott
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 7, 2007
        I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
        on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
        in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
        product automatically downloads.

        John
      • Danny
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 8, 2007
          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Lt. Scott" <jtall@...> wrote:

          > I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
          > on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
          > in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
          > product automatically downloads.

          G'day John et al.

          I think the bloke is protecting his investment of time and development,
          but then this is awesome software - especially the offset calibration
          for our less than perfect manufacture. The hole measuring, centering &
          direct measuring facility is very useful if one calibrates the camera.
          I calibrated mine by blueing a scrap of aluminium, scribing it gently
          with a point in my mill and the handwheel using the dials to measure
          0.640" x 0.480" so that 1 pixel = 1 thou. Then I moved in on the
          rectangle, adjusted focus for a sharp image and moved to the
          calibration screen and plugged in the numbers.

          After that I left the setup static, slipped a vernier caliper between
          the camera and the ali and machined a gauge block to the measurements
          (15.25mm in my case).

          I must find the income to pay Mike T, I feel guilty but just a
          pensioner also - but eventually I shall pay my dues.

          Cu Later * Danny *
        • Joe Hood
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 19, 2007
            Howdy,

            I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

            Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate them with their "tag"?

            Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions that they would share?

            Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is Paypal accepted?

            Thanks,
            Adios,
            Joe
          • ivymcneil
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 15, 2007
              Hi Joe

              I just finished my cam holder ( pic,s below ).
              Tomorrow I'm going to try it out on the BP, I think it may make a
              good inspection tool.

              I tried the Utility keys and the Con key and it shut my computer down
              with a driver error, I may need a different web cam.
              Here's the pic,s http://lnk.in/CenterCam

              Ivy McNeil

              --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Hood" <joehood@...> wrote:

              > Howdy,
              >
              > I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center
              Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on
              e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in
              business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently
              in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational
              interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the
              action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

              > Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate
              them with their "tag"?

              > Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions
              that they would share?

              > Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is
              Paypal accepted?

              > Thanks,
              > Adios,
              > Joe

            • Norman Atkinson
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 16, 2007
                Two replies!

                Payment- I do have Mike Trethewey's address but I would suggest that
                you write to him at
                miketreth@...

                I sent him an English cheque so cannot fully answer your query

                Regarding the problem of downloading, I could not load in Win 1 or 2 or
                ME and had to resort to my copy of XP. This was a so and so as I was
                having to change the OS on my ancient lap top.

                I got round the problem with copying CentreCam onto a CD on my main PC
                and thence to the old laptop for my workshop.

                At the same time, I got a Shumatech DRO made up for me at the UK Show
                in Harrogate- Thanks Lester Caine- but there is the CentreCam loading.
                Go XP or 2000. I used a cheap computer fair webcam with all the lights
                which.

                I hope that this helps

                Norman