Re: [mlathemods] Re:Webcam for lathe and mill

  • Norman Atkinson
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 16, 2007
      I have just gone- Google- CentreCam- and it was ready to down load.

      You can E-mail me at norman@... if you fail. I recall going in from Google

      Lets us know please of how you got on.

      Cheers

      Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 2:17 AM
      Subject: [mlathemods] Re:Webcam for lathe and mill

      I've tried to download the software, from the CentreCam website, and
      always get an error 404 message. I have emailed the sites webmaster
      and have yet to get a response. Hopefully they will have it back
      soon. If not maybe someone will be able to email me a copy of the
      software.

      Enjoy.
      HTj

    • eqreservoir
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 16, 2007
        This is the way I've tried more than once: I went through google-
        CentreCam- from there I click on CentreCam which takes me to this
        link- http://www.miketreth.mistral.co.uk/centrecam.htm from there I
        click on the software bar- went to download bar and clicked- and I
        get an error 404 message. Tried one more time and get the same error
        message.
        Enjoy.
        HTj

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Norman Atkinson" <norman@...>
        wrote:

        > I have just gone- Google- CentreCam- and it was ready to down load.
        >
        > You can E-mail me at norman@... if you fail. I recall going in from
        Google

        > Lets us know please of how you got on.
        >
        > Cheers

      • William Rutiser
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 16, 2007
          eqreservoir wrote:
          > This is the way I've tried more than once: I went through google-
          > CentreCam- from there I click on CentreCam which takes me to this
          > link- http://www.miketreth.mistral.co.uk/centrecam.htm from there I
          > click on the software bar- went to download bar and clicked- and I
          > get an error 404 message. Tried one more time and get the same error
          > message.
          > Enjoy.
          > HTj
          >
          > --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Norman Atkinson" <norman@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> I have just gone- Google- CentreCam- and it was ready to down load.
          >>
          >> You can E-mail me at norman@... if you fail. I recall going in from
          >>
          > Google
          >
          >> Lets us know please of how you got on.
          >>
          >> Cheers

          There are (at least) two buttons on the site that say "Download". One
          works while the other doesn't.

          Start at
          http://www.miketreth.mistral.co.uk/centrecam.htm

          This should give you a page with a "CentreCam" centered at the top. The
          page has a column of 9 dark blue buttons along the left edge. The sixth
          button is labeled "Software". The seventh button is labeled "Software
          Download".

          Click on the "Software Download" button.

          This should take you to a page headed "Software Download", some
          instructional text, and several boxes to fill in. Below the box labeled
          "Comments" is a "Submit" button. Fill in the boxes and click the
          "Submit" button. What you see next is browser dependent. You should see
          a browser dialog that gives a choice to save a file named "centrecam12.zip".

          If you were to press the "Software" button that is just above the
          "Software Download" button, you will be taken to a page that describes
          the software and the features of Version 1.2. At the bottom is a
          clickable link labeled "Download Version 1.2". That leads to a 404 error.

          Good Luck,
          Bill Rutiser
          Gaithersburg, MD, US
        • Lt. Scott
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 7, 2007
            I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
            on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
            in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
            product automatically downloads.

            John
          • Danny
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 8, 2007
              --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Lt. Scott" <jtall@...> wrote:

              > I downloaded it just fine. One link returns error 404. Then I clicked
              > on software download on left side of screen. That brought up a screen
              > in which you must enter your name and E-mail. When you hit submit, the
              > product automatically downloads.

              G'day John et al.

              I think the bloke is protecting his investment of time and development,
              but then this is awesome software - especially the offset calibration
              for our less than perfect manufacture. The hole measuring, centering &
              direct measuring facility is very useful if one calibrates the camera.
              I calibrated mine by blueing a scrap of aluminium, scribing it gently
              with a point in my mill and the handwheel using the dials to measure
              0.640" x 0.480" so that 1 pixel = 1 thou. Then I moved in on the
              rectangle, adjusted focus for a sharp image and moved to the
              calibration screen and plugged in the numbers.

              After that I left the setup static, slipped a vernier caliper between
              the camera and the ali and machined a gauge block to the measurements
              (15.25mm in my case).

              I must find the income to pay Mike T, I feel guilty but just a
              pensioner also - but eventually I shall pay my dues.

              Cu Later * Danny *
            • Joe Hood
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 19, 2007
                Howdy,

                I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

                Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate them with their "tag"?

                Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions that they would share?

                Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is Paypal accepted?

                Thanks,
                Adios,
                Joe
              • ivymcneil
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 15, 2007
                  Hi Joe

                  I just finished my cam holder ( pic,s below ).
                  Tomorrow I'm going to try it out on the BP, I think it may make a
                  good inspection tool.

                  I tried the Utility keys and the Con key and it shut my computer down
                  with a driver error, I may need a different web cam.
                  Here's the pic,s http://lnk.in/CenterCam

                  Ivy McNeil

                  --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Hood" <joehood@...> wrote:

                  > Howdy,
                  >
                  > I'm in the process of adapting a webcam as suggested in the Center
                  Cam site. Fortunately I located a metal cased webcam with six LED on
                  e-bay. it will focus down to 3cm. So from those standpoints I'm in
                  business. I've downloaded the Center Cam software and I am presently
                  in the process of evaluating it in the absence of any operational
                  interface specifications or write up. I've kind of doped out the
                  action of all the keys except for the Utility Keys.

                  > Can anyone identify the purpose of these four keys and associate
                  them with their "tag"?

                  > Does anyone have access to a write up on the interface functions
                  that they would share?

                  > Does anyone know how to pay the 20 lbs from here in the USA? Is
                  Paypal accepted?

                  > Thanks,
                  > Adios,
                  > Joe

                • Norman Atkinson
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 16, 2007
                    Two replies!

                    Payment- I do have Mike Trethewey's address but I would suggest that
                    you write to him at
                    miketreth@...

                    I sent him an English cheque so cannot fully answer your query

                    Regarding the problem of downloading, I could not load in Win 1 or 2 or
                    ME and had to resort to my copy of XP. This was a so and so as I was
                    having to change the OS on my ancient lap top.

                    I got round the problem with copying CentreCam onto a CD on my main PC
                    and thence to the old laptop for my workshop.

                    At the same time, I got a Shumatech DRO made up for me at the UK Show
                    in Harrogate- Thanks Lester Caine- but there is the CentreCam loading.
                    Go XP or 2000. I used a cheap computer fair webcam with all the lights
                    which.

                    I hope that this helps

                    Norman