Re: Digital Readouts

  • jim_klessig
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
      How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

      --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@...> wrote:

      > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
      > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
      > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
      > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
      slides.

      > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
      > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
      >
      > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

    • George Meyer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 3:58 PM
        I am not sure I follow the question. The units do shut off if not used but they keep the numbers in memory. I have not had them shut off while I was machining anything.

        Hope this answers the question.

        George

        jim_klessig <jim.klessig@...> wrote:
        How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

        --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@... > wrote:

        > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
        > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
        > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
        > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
        slides.

        > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
        > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
        >
        > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

      • Jim Geib
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 6:22 AM
          I had this same setup on my Lathe and I found if hit the in/mm button it brings the display back on with having to move the scale, hit it a second time to take it back to the units you have as default.

          Jim Geib
          Mansfield, Oh

          To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
          From: gmeyer4@...
          Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:58:00 -0700
          Subject: Re: [mlathemods] Re: Digital Readouts

          jim_klessig <jim.klessig@ eticonformity. com> wrote:
          How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

          --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@... > wrote:

          > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
          > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
          > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
          > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
          slides.

          > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
          > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
          >
          > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

        • shahuldilsha
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3 11:21 AM
            --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, George Meyer <gmeyer4@...> wrote:

            > I am not sure I follow the question. The units do shut off if not
            used but they keep the numbers in memory. I have not had them shut
            off while I was machining anything.

            > Hope this answers the question.
            >
            > George
            >
            > jim_klessig <jim.klessig@...>