Digital Readouts

  • george
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2007
      I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
      added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
      inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
      $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross slides.

      I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
      the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.

      I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.
    • jim_klessig
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
        How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
          How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

          --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@...> wrote:

          > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
          > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
          > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
          > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
          slides.

          > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
          > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
          >
          > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

        • George Meyer
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            I am not sure I follow the question. The units do shut off if not used but they keep the numbers in memory. I have not had them shut off while I was machining anything.

            Hope this answers the question.

            George

            jim_klessig <jim.klessig@...> wrote:
            How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

            --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@... > wrote:

            > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
            > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
            > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
            > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
            slides.

            > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
            > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
            >
            > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

          • Jim Geib
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2007
              I had this same setup on my Lathe and I found if hit the in/mm button it brings the display back on with having to move the scale, hit it a second time to take it back to the units you have as default.

              Jim Geib
              Mansfield, Oh

              To: mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
              From: gmeyer4@...
              Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:58:00 -0700
              Subject: Re: [mlathemods] Re: Digital Readouts

              jim_klessig <jim.klessig@ eticonformity. com> wrote:
              How do you keep it from shutting it self off? Or do you just not care?

              --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, "george" <gmeyer4@... > wrote:

              > I recently posted a picture of the first of two digital readouts I
              > added to my lathe. Turns out it was a relatively simple and
              > inexpensive project. I bought two digital slides off of ebay for
              > $18.00 each and bent up some brackets to attach them to the cross
              slides.

              > I normally work on watch parts so I need a limited amount of travel so
              > the two readouts on the cross slide are all that I needed.
              >
              > I will post the pictures of the second slide attached soon.

            • shahuldilsha
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2007
                --- In mlathemods@yahoogroups.com, George Meyer <gmeyer4@...> wrote:

                > I am not sure I follow the question. The units do shut off if not
                used but they keep the numbers in memory. I have not had them shut
                off while I was machining anything.

                > Hope this answers the question.
                >
                > George
                >
                > jim_klessig <jim.klessig@...>