Quick change gearbox

  • drpshops
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2007
      Hello All
      This question is directed at Richard Hagenbuch.
      I have been looking at the gear box you built in the files.
      How hard was it to build?
      I have an idea for a machine that uses a quick change gearbox for the
      drive in it. The machine will use 16 pitch gear on a 3/4 shaft.
      I would have to beef up the parts to handle the hp i going to be using.
      thanks
      Keith Gutshall
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
        Building the QCGB was quite easy. You may have to or want to use
        different gear arrangements for your application. The ones I used are
        made for the 7x lathes. I think JWE might have a lot of input on this
        application.

        Richard