Re: [mlathemods] Re: New file uploaded to mlathemods

  • Matthew Tinker
    Message 1 of 281 , Feb 1, 2007
      I wrote that little note about the "Ents" as I suffered from dislexia, I have no problems with speech, but real problems with spelling maniacs. I can usually spot spelling mistakes that other people make, but never my own. If your dashing of a note to somebody, whilst trying to do a million things at once it is not the end of the world if it's not perfect. There is nobody that doesn't have weak points! I think that David is doing his best to resolve a complicated issue of copyright and our desire for information. Maybe we could just leave it there!

      Matthew

      Pete <turbo2pete@...> wrote:
      "It is a tool to be used for basic quick spell checking."

      Great! we're on the same page then!

      once again, sorry for the rant, and I absolutely was not aiming it at
      your magazine (I've never seen a copy yet) just my observations over
      the last couple years here.

      As for the U.S. vs. UK "dependent/dependan t" thing... BOTH *Should*
      be used here in the u.s. as well as the UK, Myself I can never
      remember which is for which... I just let my fingers go autopilot
      mostly.... but I do think that there is a lot of deficiency in the
      states in our educational system.

      I have several friends who are teachers with Masters degrees, who
      can't do simple math! (I majored in music education myself) Which
      just gives me fits! (My best friend and I used to correct our algebra
      professor all the time... finally got her fired :-/ )

      Anyway, again thanks for your presence here, you do seem to have the
      right attitude in all this!

      Pete

      --- In mlathemods@yahoogro ups.com, David Clark
      <david.anthony. clark@... > wrote:

      > Hi There
      > I am not dependant on spell check.
      > It is a tool to be used for basic quick
      > spell checking. All articles are checked
      > and double checked. They are then checked
      > again about a week later and finally proof read.
      >
      > If I went through this procedure to write an e-mail
      > it would take to long.
      >
      > The beleive believe problem is in the
      > e-mail program Eudora.
      >
      > I usually do spot errors with no problem.
      >
      > I did one this morning where course had
      > been used instead of coarse.
      >
      > Course thread instead of coarse thread.
      >
      > There should not have happened.
      > I do know the difference and it would not
      > happen in an article.
      >
      > regards David

      <snip>

    • mlathemods@yahoogroups.com
      Message 281 of 281 , May 27 2:57 PM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the mlathemods
        group.

        File : /Lathe Made from Diesel Pitston/12691Rev00-CSize.pdf
        Uploaded by : salisbury_me <nhengineer@...>
        Description : Progress of Lathe Made from Diesel EnginePistons Drawings

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        salisbury_me <nhengineer@...>