Slightly OT: Grinding Carriage

  • Jim Barnes
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      Hi, this doesn't quite fit in the topic, but...

      I've got an old LeBLond lathe that's badly worn. I need to grind the
      ways first before I start scraping. There are two unworn reference
      surfaces. Does anyone have any experience or know of any references
      to making a grinding carriage or sled for regrinding the ways? In
      other words, a carriage/sled that slides along the reference surfaces
      carrying a grinding head. I've got a few ideas but having two vee-
      ways and two flats makes resetting the head and making the minor
      adjustments pretty complex.

      Any ideas or info?

      Thanks
      Jim
    • James Early
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
        Jim
        Just go through the files in the Alignment folder of this group.