Re: [mlathemods] Artisan Dog Clutch

  • Richard Garnish
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2006
      Most importantly, as far as I can see the dog clutch is after the gearbox,
      making it entirely useless for what we have been discussing (i.e.
      guaranteed repeat pickup, regardless of gear ratio/thread pitch.) For a
      dog clutch to work for repeat thread pickup, the clutch must be
      synchronised to the spindle, not the leadscrew.

      It appears that the clutch on this rather curious lathe serves only as a
      replacement for the half-nut lever found on more conventional machines.

      Richard